Sunday, April 1, 2012

Swatches From Sketchbook

Here are a few swatches from my sketch book that i think were most succesful

Here i used my pattern with latex on some cotton
here i did some pleating in a triangle pattern with the pattern and then sprayed it with the pattern
here i did some pleating again with the prayed cotton and then I sewed it to give the triangular shape
I wanted to create that embossed  effect  that you find in churches so i used wadding and the stitched on top of it with the sewing machine with gold thread and sprayed it very lightly with the gold spray. Here is where my colour started to take effect on my swatches
Again just some experimental swatches by using different types of stitches with the gold thread
i then sprayed some leatherette in gold spray in the shape of my pattern. i the tied some organza to create some triangle shapes over the leatherette to mimic another pattern. Again combining two different patterns.
Here i combined four different materials together with two different patterns sprayed on top of them. i used netting, lining, died calico and organza.
 here i wanted to create a 3d effect in my pattern so i used sprayed letherette and stiched the in the shape of my pattern but in a more 3d way
some cording with some lining
i used some zig zag stitching to create the pattern over organza, lining and wadding.
using some more leatherette sprayed gold and stitched in a downward pattern
some combining of materials again. netting organza leatherette for the pattern and organza on top. i used some zig zag stitching on top of the leatherette shapes. to finish off i used some gold spray to tie into my colour story
here i covereved pasta shells in laytex as it was the same as my colour story.
i the sprayed it in gold spray paint.
this swatch for my was my favourite as the colour was very clear and polished




No comments:

Post a Comment